Climate Finance Advisor’s mission is to accelerate sustainable, climate-smart investments, and to integrate climate considerations into financial products, services and policies.
Climate Finance Advisor’s work enables resilient and sustainable investment.
Climate Finance Advisors (CFA) is a Benefit LLC with the explicit purpose of creating material positive impact for society and the environment, and is a women-owned, small business based in Washington DC.
Tackling climate change and transitioning to a clean, resilient economy requires extraordinary mobilization of finance.
Climate Finance Advisors works with public and private sector clients to:
UNDERSTAND AND DEVELOP CLIMATE STRATEGIES
CFA helps clients understand climate risk impacts on investments, develop strategies for financing resilience, and incorporate climate considerations into financial products, services, and operations.
APPRAISE AND STRUCTURE CLIMATE SMART INVESTMENTS
The CFA team can help you balance investment and impact objectives.
MOBILIZE, CATALYZE AND LEVERAGE PUBLIC & PRIVATE CAPITAL
CFA experts help clients understand how to bring together public, blended or other patient capital.
- Authored the “Lender’s Guide” for integrating climate risk into infrastructure appraisal
- Assessed operational approaches linking climate risk to governance, strategy and risk management processes, and developed strategy to help manage climate risk exposure
- Designed training programs for local financial institutions in emerging markets to mainstream climate considerations into financial products
- Advised private sector micro-grid developer seeking “blended finance” sources of capital for expansion in Haiti
- Supported impact investors’ due diligence when making investment in climate-related fund that balances triple-bottom line return objectives
- Supported the application for climate finance funding for emerging private equity fund focused on climate risk and resilience opportunities
- Identified strategy for blending private and public investment consistent with Sustainable Energy for All (SEforALL) objectives in High Impact Countries
- Establishing green banks/ green banking programs in two Latin American national development banks
- Designed risk-sharing facility to support private sector lending for renewables and energy efficiency in Vietnam
1875 K Street, NW
Washington, DC 20006